Saturday, July 09, 2005

Whoot! New computer coming tomorrow. Mildly excited. I plan to compile gentoo on it. My first gentoo box....what a moment. So ya, I'll try to keep the list of issues and features updated here. I'm actually really excited to be able to use updated/bleeding edge packages. I love ubuntu, but I tried installing a hex editor the other day, and it said that I didn't have the newest version of mono. I don't really want to uninstall mono, and eveything that depends on it, and then reinstall from source, so I didn't do it. And that's not cool.

Gentoo does it right from what I hear. Packages are source code, meaning they take very minimal time to update. So awesome.

Other news, the Micro$oft Longhorn beta was released just a few minutes ago. Slashdot storm going up. Catch you on the flipside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home